Monday, August 24, 2026

the poet

 I have just met a woman who introduced herself as a poet,

My brain went immediatly into "WOW"

WOW because i am imprease at her self awareness and strenght

to do what she loves ina world where that is not verya ppreatiaced

WOW because in my internal monologo, I want to label myself as a poet too,

but I ack the self steeam 

and I am too self aware that my writing might be have the quality to get to the 

"I am a poet" statement.

Then i start the recollection... I have pubblished 2 poems,

I have won awards and contests, and I have read my poems in public...

but what makes a poet "A poet"?

I need to do propper research about this, as the scientiest I am...

and then, why I am proud to label myself as a scientiest but not as a poet?

because I went to universitiy and have a doctorate?

and I "do" science almost every day...

Then I let all this soliloquio go, and share my creative process with my new poet friend

and I am again in Awe, because she also have this feeling that she needs to put her thought in a paper,

it is like a fire that is going to ignate your brain if you don't get ride of all these words,

it is a burning desire to put all this ideas outside your brain,

and when it is done, when you had written everything you were regusgitating,

than peace arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment