Monday, December 25, 2023

Seeing the future in your smile

 I love your smile, as the starting point of the laugh

that radiates energy like a newborn sun,

a supernova of happiness and light.


I love your laugh,

loud and full,

genuine and wholesome.


I loved it since the first time I heard and saw it,

how you open your mouth completely,

opening to the universe,

tilting your head backward

and letting your gorgeous hair go lushing freely.

I love your smile so much

that I am afraid I will hate it someday,

I will find it annoying 

and it won't be merry anymore for me.

But love is such a beautiful feeling,

"the best in the world" they said,

so I might need to face my fears,

Look at potential trauma in the face and

just surrender to that heavenly laugh.





No comments:

Post a Comment